[CTC] CHAMBER REP: BIZ GEARING UP FOR TPP FIGHT

Dolan Mike MDolan at teamster.org
Fri Aug 21 07:10:16 PDT 2015

They know where we live!

(In every congressional district in the country!)

CHAMBER REP: BIZ GEARING UP FOR ANOTHER FIGHT: Back in Washington, TPP supporters are preparing for another big fight in Congress over the deal, with the knowledge that being loudly and aggressively out in support is necessary to overcome the opposition, Christopher Wenk, executive director of international policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, said in an interview with Morning Trade on Thursday.

"We are already certainly well aware of the opposition, where they are and what they're doing," he said, adding that the business community was keeping in mind "lessons learned" from the trade promotion authority fight earlier this year. "We have a very concerted campaign coming on TPP when this is finalized, ... but first we need an agreement to sell."

On that point, he emphasized that getting a good deal was more important than the timeline but acknowledged it would be "optimal" to have TPP done by the end of the year.

Michael F. Dolan, J.D.
Legislative Representative
International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Desk  202.624.6891