[CTC] Letter from 18 pro fast track Dems on lack of enforcement, environment

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Wed Jul 29 09:44:33 PDT 2015

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ilana Solomon

Hi all,

I wanted to make sure you've seen a letter from 18 House Dems <http://blumenauer.house.gov/images/pdf/072815_letter_ustr.compressed1.pdf> -- all fast track supporters -- about lack of enforcement in current and future trade agreements.  The letter specifically highlights the lack of enforcement in the US-Peru FTA with respect to illegal logging, and points to an excellent briefing note from Environmental Investigator Agency about the complete lack of enforcement of the US-Peru forestry annex.

Importantly, the letter reads: "Now that TPA is law, we want to emphasize what we said at our last meeting with the President: our support for TPA does not translate into automatic support for the Trans-Pacific Partnership."

Obviously, lack of an enforcement is an angle we have been highlighting and will continue to highlight.

Best,

Ilana

--
Ilana Solomon