[CTC] [New Post] Our TPP Negotiators are Determined to Win the Race to the Bottom

Stan Sorscher stans at speea.org
Fri Jun 5 06:56:53 PDT 2015

New post: Our Negotiators are Determined to Win the Race to the Bottom

Stan Sorscher   06/04/15
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stan-sorscher/our-tpp-negotiators-are-d_b_7514538.html

Trade deals are moral, social, political, and economic documents.

Test case for TPP:
   A: Does TPP really put corporate interests first, or
   B: Can Congress make it a high-standards 21st Century agreement with meaningful enforcement of labor and environmental standards?

Malaysia has flaunted international labor standards for a decade, as its competitive advantage in the global economy. It chose the interests of Intel, Apple, Hewlett-Packard, AMD, Texas Instruments and Dell over the interests of refugees, workers and children.

Now the Obama administration and TPP supporters face the same decision.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stan-sorscher/our-tpp-negotiators-are-d_b_7514538.html