[CTC] Press coverage of first 46 hours of Wikileaks on TISA

Deborah James djames at cepr.net
Fri Jun 5 04:35:09 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Please feel free to use these arguments against the TISA in your anti-Fast
Track campaigns! The revelation of the TISA texts should be another great
tool in our anti-Fast Track toolbox.

For those more interested in the TISA, here is a running list so far of the
coverage of the Wikileaks revelations. Anyone interested in participating in
the global anti-TISA campaign, please let me know at djames at cepr.net.

Thanks! -Deborah, Our World Is Not for Sale (OWINFS) global network

-----------------------

Forbes:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/emmawoollacott/2015/06/04/leaked-tisa-documents-
reveal-privacy-threat/

The Guardian:
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/03/wikileaks-documents-trade-in-se
rvices-agreement

The Independent, UK:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/wikileaks-posts-largest-leak
-of-trade-negotiations-in-history-charting-progress-tisa-10296061.html
International Business Times:
http://www.ibtimes.com/wikileaks-publishes-secret-tisa-trade-documents-19519
67
New Zealand Herald: WikiLeaks reveals NZ's extreme position in trade
discussions
<http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11459703>

Brisbane Times, Australia:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/wikileaks-reveals-new-trade-secrets
-20150603-ghfycx.html

La Jornada, Mexico:
http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2015/06/02/filtracion-de-wikileaks-busca-
el-tisa-acotar-capacidad-regulatoria-de-paises-involucrados-mexico-entre-ell
os-3976.html

Sydney Morning Herald:
http://www.smh.com.au/national/wikileaks-reveals-new-trade-secrets-20150603-
ghfycx.html

SBS Australia:
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015/06/04/latest-wikileaks-dump-raises-c
oncerns-regulation-australia

Slate:
http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2015/06/trade_in_servi
ces_agreement_could_change_the_global_internet.html

Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03/wikileaks-secret-trade-deals_n_7504
548.html

Huffington Post Canada:
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/06/04/tisa-wikileaks-trade-in-services-agr
eement_n_7512124.html

Major Italian news:
http://espresso.repubblica.it/affari/2015/06/03/news/wikileaks-ecco-gli-acco
rdi-segreti-sul-tisa-che-ridisegnano-le-regole-internazionali-del-mercato-1.
215392

New Zealand the Daily Blog:
http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2015/06/05/how-many-leaks-does-it-take-to-sink-a-d
odgy-ship/

The New Republic:
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/121967/whats-really-going-trade-services-
agreement

Truthout:
http://www.truth-out.org/speakout/item/31182-wikileaks-releases-largest-trov
e-of-trade-negotiations-documents-in-history-on-proposed-trade-in-services-a
greement

The District Sentinel:
https://www.districtsentinel.com/with-t-p-p-and-fast-track-in-limbo-wikileak
s-reveals-u-s-deregulatory-trade-agenda-in-less-prominent-t-i-s-a/

Firedog lake:
http://firedoglake.com/2015/06/03/wikileaks-strikes-again-leaked-tisa-docs-e
xpose-corporate-plan-for-reshaping-global-economy/

Telesur:
http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/Wikileaks-Releases-Leaked-Documents-on
-Secret-Trade-Deal-20150603-0016.html

Commondreams:
http://www.commondreams.org/news/2015/06/03/wikileaks-strikes-again-leaked-t
isa-docs-expose-corporate-plan-reshaping-global

Investing:
http://www.investing.com/news/economy-news/wikileaks-publishes-details-of-se
cret-trade-talks-345041

Techdirt:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150604/06324931218/tisa-agreement-might-
outlaw-governments-mandating-open-source-software-many-situations.shtml

Tradewinds:
http://www.tradewindsnews.com/liner/361439/itf-slams-tisa-proposal

arstechnica:
http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-policy/2015/06/wikileaks-releases-secret-tisa-
docs-the-more-evil-sibling-of-ttip-and-tpp/

The Register, UK:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/04/wikileaks_publishes_tisa_trade_agree
ment/

Scoop NZ:
http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/ED1506/S00030/wikileaks-shows-education-still
-under-threat-in-tisa-deal.htm

Military Technologies: LEAKED TISA DOCUMENTS REVEAL PRIVACY THREAT
<http://www.military-technologies.net/2015/06/04/leaked-tisa-documents-revea
l-privacy-threat/>

Engadget: Leaked trade deal stops countries from saying where your data goes
<http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/03/tisa-limits-data-exports-and-open-source
/>

The Next Web: The US wants to decide where your data is stored
<http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/06/04/the-us-wants-to-decide-where-your-
data-is-stored/>

Spanish press:
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2480487/0/wikileaks-planes-tisa/gobiernos-de
mocracia/intereses-empresas-multinacionales/

More Spanish:
http://www.prensa-latina.cu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&idioma=1&
id=3863211&Itemid=1

More Spanish, Entorno Inteligente:
http://www.entornointeligente.com/articulo/6106167/MEXICO-Filtracioacute;n-d
e-Wikileaks-Busca-el-TISA-acotar-capacidad-regulatoria-de-paiacute;ses-invol
ucrados-Meacute;xico-entre-ellos-03062015

More Spanish: Filtración sobre TISA desvela locura del secretismo: ISP
<http://news.google.com/news/url?sr=1&sa=t&ct2=es_us%2F0_0_s_16_0_t&usg=AFQj
CNHv56TzkP1fHfG8tjoQsH-ecYXwAw&did=cf73257fd5994b00&cid=52779287428900&ei=zX
txVciyEaXbaZe_g4AF&rt=STORY&vm=STANDARD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.entornointelige
nte.com%2Farticulo%2F6111092%2FMEXICO-Filtracioacute%3Bn-sobre-TISA-desvela-
locura-del-secretismo-ISP-03062015>

More Spanish, English version: Agreement on Services Will Subordinate
Governments to Companies
<http://www.plenglish.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3863811&
Itemid=1>

More Spanish: Rebanadas de Realidad:
http://www.rebanadasderealidad.com.ar/frenadeso-15-01.htm

More Spanish: Denuncian participación de Panamá en pacto mundial secreto
<http://prensa-latina.cu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3863191&I
temid=1>

More Spanish, El País: Revelan un acuerdo secreto entre 50 países
<http://www.elpaisonline.com/index.php/2013-01-15-14-16-26/nacional/item/173
710-revelan-un-acuerdo-secreto-entre-50-paises>

More Spanish, in Chile: 17 archivos secretos de TISA el plan para limitar el
derecho de los gobiernos a legislar normas más estrictas en interés público
<http://www.elciudadano.cl/2015/06/03/170429/17-archivos-secretos-de-tisa-el
-plan-para-limitar-el-derecho-de-los-gobiernos-a-legislar-normas-mas-estrict
as-en-interes-publico/>

More Spanish, in Chile: El TiSA atará las manos de los Estados para
impedirles defenderse de las transnacionales
<http://piensachile.com/2015/06/22383/>

Italian press:
http://punto-informatico.it/4250309/PI/News/wikileaks-anticipazioni-tisa.asp

More Italian press:
http://www.forexinfo.it/Wikileaks-pubblica-i-dettagli-segreti-sul-TISA-l-acc
ordo-sul-libero-commercio

More Italian press:
http://www.pressenza.com/it/2015/06/50-paesi-preparano-in-segreto-un-trattat
o-ancora-peggiore-del-ttip/

More Italian press: Viviane Reding: "Il Tisa è un'opportunità per modellare
la globalizzazione
<http://espresso.repubblica.it/affari/2015/06/03/news/viviane-reding-il-tisa
-e-un-opportunita-per-modellare-la-globalizzazione-1.215482> ”

More Italian press: WikiLeaks, le trattative segrete per il patto sui
mercati
<http://www.wired.it/attualita/tech/2015/06/04/wikileaks-trattive-tisa-merca
ti/>

German press:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/TTIPs-boeser-Bruder-TiSA-auf-Wikileak
s-2679362.html

More German press:
http://www.zeit.de/digital/internet/2015-06/tisa-abkommen-wikileaks-open-sou
rce

More German press:
https://netzpolitik.org/2015/wikileaks-veroeffentlicht-tisa-papiere/

More German press:
http://www.computerworld.ch/news/politik-gesellschaft/artikel/tisa-abkommen-
will-open-source-einschraenken-68054/

More German press:
http://www.gizmodo.de/2015/06/03/erneute-warnung-vor-dienstleistungsabkommen
-tisa.html

Greek:
http://www.kathimerini.gr/817761/article/epikairothta/ereynes/nees-apokalyye
is-wikileaks-sthn-k

More Greek:
https://www.kaldata.com/IT-Новини/Wikileaks-публикува-17-секретни-международ
ни-тъ-101454.html
<https://www.kaldata.com/IT-%D0%9D%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8/Wikileaks-%
D0%BF%D1%83%D0%B1%D0%BB%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%83%D0%B2%D0%B0-17-%D1%81%D0%B5%D0%BA%
D1%80%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8-%D0%BC%D0%B5%D0%B6%D0%B4%D1%83%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%
80%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B8-%D1%82%D1%8A-101454.html>

More Greek: http://www.cross.bg/wikileaks-tisa-briks-1468243.html

More Greek:
http://www.focus-news.net/news/2015/06/04/2074056/wikileaks-sasht-es-i-sto-t
ayno-se-obedinyavat-sreshtu-briks.html

Turkish news:
http://t24.com.tr/haber/uzmanlar-wikileaksin-sizdirdigi-tisa-taslagi-hakkind
a-ne-diyor,298625

More Turkish: http://tr.sputniknews.com/abd/20150604/1015823484.html

More Turkish:
http://www.dunyabulteni.net/haberler/331734/ab-turkiyeden-banka-denetimlerin
i-azaltmasini-istiyor

More Turkish: EU ‘not satisfied’ with Turkey’s int’l services trade offer,
leaked documents show
<http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/eu-not-satisfied-with-turkeys-intl-service
s-trade-offer-leaked-documents-show.aspx?pageID=238&nID=83439&NewsCatID=510>

Vietnamese:
http://infonet.vn/wikileaks-phuong-tay-len-ke-hoach-da-trung-quoc-nga-khoi-t
isa-post165940.info

More Vietnamese: http://www.sggp.org.vn/thegioi/2015/6/385810/