[CTC] Word on today's disappointing Fast Track vote

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Tue Jun 23 08:53:26 PDT 2015

Friends:

Today’s vote was a tough loss.  After first stopping Camp-Baucus last Congress, and then defeating the original Ryan-Hatch bill in the House a week-and-a-half ago, Fast Track proponents were able pull enough procedural maneuvers and make enough promises that Fast Track received cloture by a single vote, 60 - 37.

Our movement of movements has a lot to be proud about.  That we went up against a united front of Wall Street, K Street, the White House and Republican Leadership and came so close to victory is a testament to your incredible work.  It also set the groundwork for the next fights to come.

The coming days will be a time to regroup and get about the work of stopping the TPP itself — which, with the clock ticking due to the Presidential campaign cycle, is both an achievable and fast-approaching fight.

Thank you for all your amazing work.  Onward we go.