[CTC] A guided tour of USTR talking points in Fast Track

Stan Sorscher stans at speea.org
Wed May 6 16:29:49 PDT 2015

A Congressman’s letter to constituents hits almost every USTR talking point on Fast Track. See side-by-side opposing views, fisked into this online version.
	http://www.thestand.org/2015/05/fast-track-responding-to-the-response/

We’ve all seen letters like this:
Dear ______,

Thank you for contacting me about President Obama’s trade agenda. …….

One counter-point:
Any time a proponent of TPP tells you about exports without mentioning imports, he or she is hiding half the story from you. It’s like saying, “You give me $5 and I’ll give you $3. Boy, did you get a heck of a deal by getting $3!!! We should congratulate each other for negotiating that deal. Let’s do it again. You give me $5 and I’ll give you $3. Now you have $6. You’re doing great!”

Stan Sorscher
stans at speea.org
206 255 4393