[CTC] FW: Celebrate Senator Sherrod Brown at the 2015 Labor Rights Defenders Awards!

Mark Harrison MHarrison at UMC-GBCS.ORG
Fri May 8 12:48:50 PDT 2015

The International Labor Rights Forum and its distinguished Host Committee cordially invite you to celebrate
Senator Sherrod Brown
Recipient of the 2015 Labor Rights Defender Award for Visionary Leadership

at the

2015 Labor Rights Defenders Awards
Wednesday, June 3 | 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.

National Education Association
1201 16th Street NW - M Street Entrance
Washington, DC 20036

Buy your tickets today!<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0%2FheOQTZ9an3biqpaHljeBLgemMfuXZn>

A long-time advocate for workers’ rights at home and abroad, Senator Sherrod Brown<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=51c40ZklHhm6%2BE5c0WwssRLgemMfuXZn> is our 2015 Labor Rights Defender Awardee for Visionary Leadership.  Senator Brown has led the opposition to fast track of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) in the Senate, demanding a trade policy that promotes good jobs at home, while raising labor and environmental standards abroad. He has introduced legislation to strengthen enforcement of our trade laws, including addressing unfair trade practices like currency manipulation and closing an outdated loophole that allowed certain goods made with forced labor to be imported and sold in the United States.

We hope you are just as excited as we are to honor Senator Brown at the 2015 Labor Rights Defenders Awards. Please purchase your ticket<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Yqmf2jvR1Ky4eRuHSf6OdRLgemMfuXZn> or consider supporting ILRF through a sponsorship<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mggFe3MRanmypnV0IEhTHhLgemMfuXZn> or a tax-deductible contribution<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=2GeKDwlhZYApak%2BGppzWaxLgemMfuXZn>.

From our view, Senator Brown's commitment to workers' rights and better trade policies has never been more critical. Please check out our blog<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=SDTj1WsVm57fUaA8It4IPBLgemMfuXZn> on the risks that a fast-tracked TPP<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=DnBxyrh%2F8cap6kwz6trlChLgemMfuXZn> poses for workers in the U.S. and abroad, or take action today<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gnh3UuDvSQEe661uqgi%2FuwySHrweQhlb>!

Stay tuned for more profiles of our 2015 award recipients -- Farm Labor Organizing Committee and the Tobacco and Allied Workers Union of Malawi -- or click here<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=qSvYmd9OCiG7Z05ZoBxARRLgemMfuXZn> to read them now and learn about the companion conference<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=wr2QsPyHsMZXplD036g8ARLgemMfuXZn> happening earlier that day.
In Solidarity,
[http://action.laborrights.org/images/judysignature.JPG]
Judy Gearhart
Executive Director

All donations support the International Labor Rights Forum.

Scholarships for students and activists are available. Volunteer opportunities are also available. If you have any questions, please contact Marian Manapsal at marian at ilrf.org<mailto:marian at ilrf.org> or 202-347-4100 x105.

This email was sent by the International Labor Rights Forum<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ODEZOpFR9b1FtjVPT7Tq%2FhLgemMfuXZn>.
Donate<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=k%2B%2FAVLnPWbima%2BFmWtyIgxLgemMfuXZn> | Subscribe<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=z2HFe3Vs%2B7aO9hHmtkB2hhLgemMfuXZn> | Unsubscribe<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7VzgYFKG5hu8KKW5xFF1LBLgemMfuXZn> | Contact us<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=RHwis2itVzih8Ycv9z1KthLgemMfuXZn> | Follow us:

[http://action.laborrights.org/images/icon_facebook.png]<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BrnxJ5AVpUv7AjMsrdzDoRLgemMfuXZn>     [http://action.laborrights.org/images/icon_twitter.png] <http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=hWp7nvg3%2F5jasYHUV6bxTBLgemMfuXZn>

<http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7HT2nUZ3hzceOooc9V59axLgemMfuXZn>
[https://hq.salsalabs.com/salsa/images/SALSA_empowered_180x50_2.png]<http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>