[CTC] Joseph Stiglitz on ISDS in TPP

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Mon May 18 11:57:42 PDT 2015

http://rooseveltinstitute.org/joseph-stiglitz-and-trans-pacific-partnership-tpp

Joseph Stiglitz pens letter to congress raising concerns about investor-state provision in Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
Roosevelt Institute Chief Economist Joseph Stiglitz sent a letter to House and Senate leadership raising concerns about the investor-state dispute settlement (ISDS) provision being considered as part of our trade negotiations. He notes that both progressives and conservatives have come out against this provision.

The Nobel laureate writes, “There is much confusion about ISDS, but plain and simple: ISDS is about rewriting the rules of how our economy works, tipping the balance of power in favor of big businesses at the expense of workers and the public here and in partner countries.”

Read full letter below.

   Letter to Congress: Stiglitz on Trade Deal <https://www.scribd.com/doc/265770405/Letter-to-Congress-Stiglitz-on-Trade-Deal>