[CTC] Wednesday: Hillary Clinton’s New TPP Stand, Bernie Sanders – And Our Prospects for Victory

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Fri Oct 9 10:54:18 PDT 2015

To those in the DC area, I wanted to invite you to this great discussion about the TPP this coming Wednesday morning at the AFL-CIO headquarters.  My understanding is that the TPP part will begin around 8:45am and go until 9:30 / 10:00am.  Hope to see you there!

 <http://caf.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uHdJOY7bC30vrtxWX9ZmBZi57VhIL8Zl>
An off-the-record strategy briefing for present and future progressive leaders.
Wednesday, October 14 at 8 a.m.
AFL-CIO headquarters, 815 16th Street NW (Map <http://caf.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8kKW0I62hm5IhMemQC96PZi57VhIL8Zl>)
Add to calendar » Outlook <http://caf.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xTmAJDtCeOiy1MkSjWQpR5i57VhIL8Zl> | Google <http://caf.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9UI3PbJf8dYdObECkDSOsZi57VhIL8Zl> | Yahoo <http://caf.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=5FBrc8iuDvKqjDtWDnoJwJi57VhIL8Zl> | Outlook.com <http://caf.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=paqtLSUQcBoi7Aia1kRpq5i57VhIL8Zl> | Apple Calendar <http://caf.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=XyY0GrLChEZ%2F6aPJsHkFbYG1isgvIWi2>
Hillary Clinton’s New TPP Stand, Bernie Sanders – And Our Prospects for Victory

Hillary Clinton’s announcement that she does not support the Trans-Pacific Partnership represents a victory for the movement for a new American trade policy. We invite the entire anti-TPP movement to join CAF’s Wednesday Group to discuss a the prospects for defeating TPP, the continued barriers to success, and the work that needs to be done – from the grassroots to the presidential campaigns – to stop TPP. The whole coalition is invited to attend and participate in this off-the-record discussion. Light breakfast will be served.

● Thea Lee, AFL-CIO, Deputy Chief of Staff
● Larry Cohen, adviser, Bernie 2016
● Arthur Stamoulis, Citizens Trade Campaign
● Ilana Solomon, Director, Sierra Club Responsible Trade Program
● Barbara Coufal, AFSCME Assistant Director of Legislation

Open forum.

​​Public Embraces the Stiglitz "Rewriting the Rules" Agenda
Melissa Egelsky
VICE PRESIDENT, GREENBERG QUINLAN ROSNER

It will be the morning after the first Democratic presidential debate, and Melissa Egelsky will discuss polling that shows how the ideas and issues raised by the Joseph Stiglitz-led "Rewriting the Rules" project are motivating progressives and resonating with the electorate at large – and whether Democratic candidates addressed those effectively in their debate performance.

Join us 8 a.m. Wednesday at the AFL-CIO, 815 16th Street NW.
You may share this email with interested colleagues and encourage them to attend. Be advised that all Wednesday Group meetings are closed to the public, are off the record, and that attendees participate as private citizens.