[CTC] Join the global #TPPkills twitterstorm!

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Tue Sep 29 12:21:16 PDT 2015

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jessa Boehner <jboehner at citizen.org>
Subject: Join the global #TPPkills twitterstorm!
Date: September 29, 2015 at 2:35:27 PM EDT

Dear friends –

Please join us tomorrow for a global #TPPkills twitterstorm!

Tomorrow in Atlanta, people with cancer and health activists and advocates will host a press conference outside of the TPP Ministerial talks starting at 12:00 NOON EST. They will be urging countries to stand strong against 8 year monopoly periods for biologic medicines and other provisions that harm access to lifesaving medicine.

We want to use social media to amplify their message. Please join us for a global #TPPkills twitterstorm! More information and sample tweets below – please feel free to share widely!

++++
WHAT: Global #TPPkills Twitterstorm
WHEN: September 30, 12:00 NOON – 1 PM US EST*
*Click here <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Global+%23TPPkills+Twitterstorm&iso=20150930T13&p1=%3A&ah=1> to find time/date by time zone. Programs like TweetDeck <https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/> and HootSuite <http://signup.hootsuite.com/pro-ent-na-english-r8/?&mkwid=sDAsRitua_dc&pcrid=44690206414&pkw=hootsuite&pmt=e&cntry=na-usa&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hootsuite_pro_google_search_usa_english_branded_alpha&gclid=CjwKEAjw7aiwBRCPgdu70arX70wSJADK6iDDVQrnkszkzYVk2Cb2bfp5YcHMdZz-VVK5kpeKOT46aBoCku_w_wcB> allow you to schedule tweets in case time zone differences cause inconvenience. Or, tweet when you can!*

SAMPLE TWEETS/PICTURES/VIDEOS:

(With Videos – 6 tweets)

#TPPkills - this is a life or death issue. Find out more: https://youtu.be/0jgcj306TEg <https://youtu.be/0jgcj306TEg> and take action here: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> to #StopTPP!

#TPP would extend monopolies on medicines --> causing more unnecessary suffering & death. The #TPPkills: https://youtu.be/prZPplNJ-L0 <https://youtu.be/prZPplNJ-L0> #StopTPP

We have a msg for #TPP negotiators: Hands off our medicines! We can do better– tell your govt to #StopTPP: https://youtu.be/9zFFKzRM0ng <https://youtu.be/9zFFKzRM0ng> #TPPkills

Our lives are worth more than something that can be traded away: https://youtu.be/9zFFKzRM0ng <https://youtu.be/9zFFKzRM0ng>. #TPPkills, but together we can #StopTPP

Tell @USTR: our health & lives are not negotiable! #TPPkills: https://youtu.be/eOg27E8xMSo <https://youtu.be/eOg27E8xMSo> Take action to #StopTPP here: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/>

#Trade deals like #TPP that undermine our #health system are going to cost us: https://youtu.be/0zh2JEhWD-k <https://youtu.be/0zh2JEhWD-k> #TPPkills www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/>

(With Images – 12 tweets)

US wants 8yr monopolies on life-saving drugs in #TPP, but we won’t necessarily live that long www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> pic.twitter.com/614qXybxE9

US-led efforts could make #TPP the worst #trade deal ever w millions losing access to #AffordableMedicines #TPPkills pic.twitter.com/Jfd0NJ7f01

What do we want? #AffordableMedicines! When do we want them? NOW! #StopTPP because #TPPkills! www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> pic.twitter.com/fcC9ohMZPU

FIGHT #TPP death sentence- sign petition here bit.ly/TPPkillsPetition then tweet ur stories to @USTradeRep #TPPkills pic.twitter.com/1u6tegXInX

. at USTradeRep <mailto:. at USTradeRep> Not everyone has 8 yrs to wait for lifesaving #cancer, #HIVAIDS drugs: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> #TPPkills pic.twitter.com/YivbfeseJc

Share your stories about how #TPP would impact your #health: tweet @ExposeTPP, @USTradeRep using #TPPkills. #StopTPP pic.twitter.com/TfmEDOuRER

Experts say #TPP threatens affordable healthcare 4 millions http://bit.ly/1VRi4Jq <http://bit.ly/1VRi4Jq> #TPPkills www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> pic.twitter.com/1h7DegvcQ0

Stand strong against the #TPP death sentence – say #StopTPP because we know that #TPPkills! www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> pic.twitter.com/gIswWpzU8H

#TPP would be a DEATH sentence for many with #cancer, #HIVAIDS. Don't let it pass: bit.ly/TPPkillsPetition! #TPPkills pic.twitter.com/cbUI4aqIjx

#TPP would protect drug companies & drive up cost of meds: huff.to/1CTio4b #TPPkills bit.ly/TPPkillsPetition pic.twitter.com/FRoXVDomON

. at USTradeRep <mailto:. at USTradeRep> Don't let #TPP trade away access to medicines for MILLIONS of people: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/>. #TPPkills pic.twitter.com/hvQdeB7Wxi

Why is @POTUS making it HARDER to have access to #AffordableMedicines: http://bit.ly/1h3EBCN <http://bit.ly/1h3EBCN>?? #TPPkills #StopTPP pic.twitter.com/ofdshNEvd4

(Text Tweets – 12 tweets)

Tell @dfat @DIRECON_CHILE @MINCETUR @SE_mx: stand strong for access to affordable medicine! Learn more: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> #TPPkills

We can't wait 8 yrs! @dfat @MINCETUR @DIRECON_CHILE, stay strong against @USTradeRep #TPP Death Sentence: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> #TPPkills

Urge @DIRECON_CHILE @MINCETUR @dfat to stand strong against the #TPP Death Sentence Clause! Learn more: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> #TPPkills

#TPP is a life or death issue, @dfat @MINCETUR @DIRECON_CHILE. Say NO to the Death Sentence Clause: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> #TPPkills

No TPP death sentence! #TPPkills but @USTradeRep still wants #BigPharma to get 8-yr monopolies on life-saving drugs: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/>

Does 3+5=8? @USTradeRep doesn't think so, but that's how many years of exclusive monopolies #TPP wld give #BigPharma www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/>

US wants 8year monopolies for life-saving #cancer drugs in #TPP - but most patients can’t wait that long. Fight back: bit.ly/TPPkillsPetition

The US thinks #TPP should give 8 yr monopolies for life-saving drugs, but that would be a death sentence for patients www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/>

Know someone w/ #HIVAIDS? What if they had to wait 8 yrs for life-saving drugs? Under #TPP they may have to #TPPkills www.TPPKills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/>

Know someone w #cancer? Can they wait 8yrs for life-saving medicines? @USTradeRep thinks they can #TPPKills #StopTPP www.TPPKills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/>

Should ppl w #HIVAIDS have to wait 8yrs for lifesaving meds? Sign our petition to make sure they don’t have to: bit.ly/TPPkillsPetition  #TPP

If passed, the #TPP would go on record as being the most damaging #trade deal for #PublicHealth ever: www.TPPkills.org <http://www.tppkills.org/> #TPPkills