[CTC] Pritzker pledges 'very robust war room effort' to win TPP

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Wed Aug 3 12:39:45 PDT 2016

POLITICO

Pritzker pledges 'very robust war room effort' to win TPP

By Doug Palmer <https://www.politicopro.com/staff/doug-palmer>
The Obama administration will mount an all-out effort over the next several months to win approval of the TPP before President Barack Obama leaves office in January, Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker said today.

"I know that you remain committed to getting TPP passed but what I want you to know is our administration is all in on that effort, starting with the president," Pritzker said in opening remarks to members of the Manufacturing Council <http://www.trade.gov/manufacturingcouncil/members.asp>, a private sector advisory group that will call for approval of TPP as part of a final set of recommendations that it is making to the secretary today.

"I can tell you he's working both in front of the camera and behind the scenes to get this done," Pritzker continued. "We have a very robust war room effort and great coordination between the White House, the U.S. Trade Rep, the Department of Commerce, which is kind of leading this effort. But we have a whole of administration push going on ... I know we have at least 30 trade events that will happen in just the next 20, 25 days."

But Pritzker also told council the administration needs strong support from the business community to get the landmark trade deal approved.

"Please make sure your voices are heard — it's critical — between now and the end of the year. That's our window," Pritzker said.