[CTC] Pelosi: If Hillary Is Elected, TPP Will Be ‘Easy’ To Defeat

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Thu Jun 9 13:24:58 PDT 2016

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/09/pelosi-if-hillary-is-elected-tpp-will-be-easy-to-pass-video/ <http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/09/pelosi-if-hillary-is-elected-tpp-will-be-easy-to-pass-video/>
Pelosi: If Hillary Is Elected, TPP Will Be ‘Easy’ To Defeat [VIDEO]

Steve Guest <http://dailycaller.com/author/steve-guest/>

12:01 PM 06/09/2016
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that the Trans-Pacific Partnership will be “easy” to deal with if Hillary Clinton is elected president.

During a Democratic National Convention platform hearing, Pelosi said, “We have to work on the mechanics, own the ground, get out the vote and win.”

“And win, and then change these laws. Everything is easy if we win. Voting Rights Act, you name it, TPP … all of these subjects are easy if we win,” Pelosi argued.

In October 2015 <http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/07/hillary-clinton-comes-out-against-the-trans-pacific-partnership-video/>, Clinton came out against the TPP claiming, “As of today, I am not in favor of what I have learned about it.”

President Barack Obama is pushing for the passage of TPP. Pelosi opposes the deal.

A Pelosi spokesman told The Daily Caller Thursday that “TPP will be easy to defeat under a Democratic president and Congress.”

Follow Steve on Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/steveguest> and Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/SteveGuest/>
Correction: Nancy Pelosi opposes TPP, and said Thursday that a “win” for Democrats would make it easy to deal with the agreement.