[CTC] Consumers letter against the TPP

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Tue Sep 6 13:10:58 PDT 2016

FYI…

Consumers Union (advocacy arm of Consumer Reports) and Consumer Federation of America (coalition of 250 U.S. consumer organizations) just sent a letter to Congress, with this message:
“Consumers Union1 and Consumer Federation of America2 urge you not to support approval of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement if presented to you this year, or if presented at any time in its current form. While we recognize the benefits that can flow to consumers from international commerce, we are concerned that the TPP as currently negotiated would unduly risk undermining important safety, health, and other interests of consumers.”

http://consumersunion.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CU-CFA-letter-on-TPP-9-6-16-House-FINAL.pdf <http://consumersunion.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CU-CFA-letter-on-TPP-9-6-16-House-FINAL.pdf>
http://consumersunion.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CU-CFA-letter-on-TPP-9-6-16-Senate-FINAL-1.pdf <http://consumersunion.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/CU-CFA-letter-on-TPP-9-6-16-Senate-FINAL-1.pdf>