[CTC] Trump says plans lots of bilateral trade deals with quick termination clauses

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Thu Jan 26 14:17:11 PST 2017

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-trade-idUSKBN15A2MP?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews <http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-trade-idUSKBN15A2MP?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews>
Thu Jan 26, 2017 | 1:46pm EST

Trump says plans lots of bilateral trade deals with quick termination clauses

U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he would strike numerous bilateral trade deals, as opposed to multilateral accords like the Trans-Pacific Partnership, and they would include clauses to allow a 30-day termination notice.

"Believe me, we're going to have a lot of trade deals," Trump told a gathering of Republican lawmakers. "If that particular country doesn't treat us fairly, we send them a 30-day termination, notice of termination."

(Reporting by Steve Holland; Writing by David Alexander; Editing by Tim Ahmann)