[CTC] Pelosi Statement on Trump Administration’s NAFTA Notice

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Thu May 18 19:50:21 PDT 2017

http://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/51817/

 PRESS RELEASES <http://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/press-releases>  05.18.17
Pelosi Statement on Trump Administration’s NAFTA Notice

Washington, D.C. – Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi released the following statement after the Trump Administration sent Congress a notification letter on plans to initiate negotiations with Canada and Mexico over the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA):

“The President’s vague NAFTA letter is a stark contrast with the aggressive promises he made to hard-working families during the campaign.  For all his rhetoric, President Trump looks to be sorely disappointing American workers on trade.

“Our trade agreements must be judged by whether they create jobs and grow the paychecks of hard-working Americans.  Any changes to NAFTA must put America’s working families first, and recognize the fundamental connection between commerce and climate.

“Democrats have spent years fighting to rework NAFTA and other trade agreements to put America’s working families first.  We will continue to press this Administration for real action to create good-paying jobs and strengthen America’s workers.”