[CTC] Join the #ReplaceNAFTA Call-in Day Thunderclap

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Mon Nov 27 11:39:48 PST 2017

Join the #ReplaceNAFTA Call-in Day Thunderclap

Click Here to Join the Thunderclap <https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/65219-replacenafta-call-in-day>

The 6th Round of NAFTA Renegotiations is happening December 11th-16th in Washington D.C. These negotiations are happening behind closed doors with hundreds of corporate advisors granted special access and the public locked out. The corporations are fighting to preserve the special powers in NAFTA that make it easier for CEOs and companies to outsource jobs to Mexico and to attack our laws before panels of corporate lawyers who can order unlimited payments of our tax dollars to foreign corporations.

NAFTA lacks enforceable labor and environmental standards so companies can move U.S. jobs to Mexico to pay workers poverty wages and dump toxins and then import those products back to the U.S. for sale. Workers in Mexico and the US lose while corporate profits soar.

Since NAFTA, Mexico's already low wages are down 9 percent and U.S. wages are flat, while the price of everything has risen. Unless we rewrite NAFTA, NAFTA will keep giving the green light to corporations to outsource American jobs, pushing down wages.

That is why on December 13th a national coalition of labor, environmental, consumer, faith, and farm groups are calling Congress to demand that NAFTA renegotiations put people ahead of corporations by:

including labor, environmental and climate provisions with swift and certain enforcement of fundamental international standards to raise wages for all workers and protect the planet, and
removing NAFTA’s investor protections that promote job outsourcing.

We need your help promoting the call-in day over Facebook, Twitter and other social media.  You can do so automatically by signing up to participate in the #ReplaceNAFTA Call-in Day Thunderclap. <https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/65219-replacenafta-call-in-day>

Click Here to Join the Thunderclap <https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/65219-replacenafta-call-in-day>
https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/65219-replacenafta-call-in-day <https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/65219-replacenafta-call-in-day>

What Is Thunderclap?
Thunderclap is an automated platform that allows individuals and organizations to send the same message at the same time to their followers over Facebook, Twitter and other social media.  In this case, the message will be promoting the #ReplaceNAFTA call-in day on December 13th.  All you need to do is click here to sign-up <https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/65219-replacenafta-call-in-day>, follow the simple instructions and you’re done!  The system won’t send anything from your social media accounts other than the one message you pre-approve.  Click here to learn more. <https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/65219-replacenafta-call-in-day>

Need a Template Email Blast about the Call-In Day?
If your organization needs a template email blast to circulate about the call-in day, please shoot me a quick email and we’ll get you one later this week.

Thanks!

Arthur Stamoulis, Executive Director
CITIZENS TRADE CAMPAIGN

Online: citizenstrade.org