[CTC] Pelosi Statement on President Trump’s Incomplete NAFTA Notification

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Fri Aug 31 15:18:26 PDT 2018

https://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/83118/ <https://www.democraticleader.gov/newsroom/83118/>

Pelosi Statement on President Trump’s Incomplete NAFTA Notification
Washington, D.C. – Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi released the following statement after President Trump notified Congress of his intent to sign a trade agreement with Mexico without having completed negotiations with Canada:

“Actually fixing NAFTA requires reaching a trade agreement with both Mexico and Canada that improves the wages, the working conditions and the well-being of America’s workers and farmers.

“We still don’t know the specifics of this trade agreement, or whether it will measure up to the claims of an Administration with a terrible record of delivering.  I remain hopeful of progress, but without a final agreement with Canada, the Administration’s work is woefully incomplete.”