[CTC] Gary Cohn, Trump’s top economic adviser, resigns amid differences on trade policy

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Tue Mar 6 15:07:36 PST 2018

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/03/06/gary-cohn-trumps-top-economic-adviser-resigns-amid-differences-on-trade-policy/?utm_term=.3c4e52e8f331 <https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/03/06/gary-cohn-trumps-top-economic-adviser-resigns-amid-differences-on-trade-policy/?utm_term=.3c4e52e8f331>

Gary Cohn, Trump’s top economic adviser, resigns amid differences on trade policy

By Washington Post Staff
March 6 at 5:46 PM

Cohn, former president of Goldman Sachs, was one of President Trump’s closest advisers last year, though he did differ with Trump on the president’s response to a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Va. Cohn and his team helped to fortify the White House’s position during negotiations of the tax law last year, but the president largely dismissed Cohn’s position on trade policy in recent weeks, prompting Trump to pursue tariffs on aluminum and steel.

“Gary has been my chief economic advisor and did a superb job in driving our agenda, helping to deliver historic tax cuts and reforms and unleashing the American economy once again. He is a rare talent, and I thank him for his dedicated service to the American people,” Trump said in a statement Tuesday.

This is a developing story. It will be updated.