[CTC] Action items from "End the Pandemic Now" briefing

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Fri Dec 17 06:37:23 PST 2021

Apologies for cross-posting

Hello everyone,

Thank you to the amazing group of activists who attended last night’s Emergency Briefing on Omicron & the "End the Pandemic Now" Plan.  If you weren’t able to make it, you can view a recording online here <https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/play/Hi028E7qciIxOhGlA1cjCdce3KNj2RMjpBJJtxHlbARR6b_9dBnh5kxMyNfaqRTI0e6X9sWGvFu7Grys.uDsNPKLNvP1CPccR?continueMode=true>.

During the briefing, we heard from public health experts and policymakers about how the Omicron variant is demonstrating once again that the COVID pandemic will not end anywhere until vaccines, test kits and treatments are readily available throughout the world.  Crucially, we also heard how Reps. Jan Schakowsky, Rosa DeLauro and other congressional champions’ new ”End the Pandemic Now" Resolution (H. Con. Res. 60) <https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-concurrent-resolution/60?r=3&s=1> lays out a clear road map for increasing global production of the supplies needed to save millions of lives and bring the pandemic to a close.

To help build momentum behind the End the Pandemic Now plan and get it implemented as quickly as possible, we need your help today:

Please contact your U.S. Representative urging them to cosponsor the "End the Pandemic Now" Resolution. <https://citizenstrade.salsalabs.org/endthepandemicnow/index.html>  You can write them immediately via this link. <https://citizenstrade.salsalabs.org/endthepandemicnow/index.html>  Or, if you represent an organization or otherwise have a close relationship with your Congressmembers’ office, please reach out individually with a call or personalized email.  This one-pager about the resolution <https://www.citizenstrade.org/ctc/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/End-the-Pandemic-Now-Factsheet-1221.pdf>, the lists of qualified vaccine production facilities here <https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/12/15/experts-identify-100-plus-firms-make-covid-19-mrna-vaccines> and here <https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/10/22/science/developing-country-covid-vaccines.html>, and the myth-busting factsheets here <https://www.citizen.org/article/fact-sheet-we-must-end-trade-pact-obstructions-against-global-production-of-covid-19-vaccines-and-treatments/> and here <https://www.citizen.org/wp-content/uploads/2021.12.07-TRIPS-waiver_Facts-vs-Common-Myths-V2FV-1.pdf> have all the info you need.

Please spread the word about the “End the Pandemic Now” plan by posting about it on social media. <https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbom926p4tpt64u/H_Con_Res_60%20Copy.docx?dl=0>  You can share a video of our briefing on Facebook here <https://fb.watch/9Ykjea5Z8S/> or Tweet about the action link here <https://twitter.com/citizenstrade/status/1471849867853107206?s=20>   You can also use the images, text, hashtags and links in this social media toolkit <https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbom926p4tpt64u/H_Con_Res_60%20Copy.docx?dl=0> to create your own unique posts.

The only way to end the COVID pandemic is to get life-saving vaccines, diagnostics and medicines to everyone who needs them around the globe.  Please take action now <https://citizenstrade.salsalabs.org/endthepandemicnow/index.html>!

In solidarity,

Arthur Stamoulis, Executive Director
CITIZENS TRADE CAMPAIGN

Online: citizenstrade.org <http://citizenstrade.org/>