[CTC] Opportunity: voices needed for IPEF "listening session"

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Wed Mar 1 06:15:29 PST 2023

Hi everyone,

If you’re able, please sign up to speak at Friday morning’s online IPEF “listening session” being held by USTR.  The deadline to register is this Thursday.

A large number of corporate lobbyists attend these virtual sessions to share their vision for Indo-Pacific trade.  It's important that IPEF negotiators are also hearing from civil society groups about our trade priorities — particularly this week, right before the U.S. is expected to introduce its proposals for IPEF’s labor, environment and “digital trade” chapters.

Speaking slots are only a few minutes and nobody asks any questions, so it doesn’t require a ton of prep work.  I’m likewise happy to share template talking points if useful.  Please let me know if you do register, so I can track our progress.

Many thanks,

USTR to Hold Stakeholder IPEF Listening Session for Second Negotiating Round | United States Trade Representative <https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-offices/press-office/blogs-and-op-eds/2023/ustr-hold-stakeholder-ipef-listening-session-second-negotiating-round>

USTR to Hold Stakeholder IPEF Listening Session for Second Negotiating Round

WASHINGTON – The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) invites interested stakeholders to take part in two listening session opportunities on the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF) for the second full in-person negotiating round. Details regarding the second in-person round, including information regarding an in-person stakeholder listening session, will be provided at a later date.

All stakeholder events are closed press.

USTR/Department of Commerce Listening Session:

Event details: