[CTC] Join Us! Feb 15 @ 3pmET: Ruby River & the Movement Against ISDS Attacks on Climate Action

Hillary Haden hillary at tradejusticeedfund.org
Thu Feb 1 07:56:08 PST 2024

*Please join us for Trade Justice Power Hour on February 15th @ 3pm ET!
This month we'll discuss the Ruby River ISDS case and how you can help in
the fight against trade attacks on climate action. --Hillary*

*T**he Trade Justice Power Hour*

*Ruby River & the Movement Against ISDS Attacks on Climate Action*

*Thursday, February 15*
*3pm ET / 2pm CT / 1pm MT / 12pm PT*

*RSVP Online Here for Zoom Login Details
<https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QD1QAkwaSf-7WSHAXC1jZA#/registration>*

In 2023, the U.S. corporation Ruby River Capital launched a massive $20
billion trade challenge against Quebec’s decision to reject the company’s
proposed liquified natural gas (LNG) plant and terminal near the mouth of
the St. Lawrence River.  The case is the latest of a string of
so-called *“investor-state
dispute settlement”* or *“ISDS”* trade attacks against landmark
environmental victories.

In this month’s *Trade Justice Power Hour*, join us as we explore the
implications of ISDS for climate action and how you can participate in the
global movement to dismantle the ISDS system once-and-for-all.  Our
presenters include:

   - *Stuart Trew* of the *Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives* on the
   Ruby River case and the toxic legacy of ISDS;

   - *Stephanie Camarillo *of *Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch* on ISDS
   system basics and growing progress towards eliminating ISDS in the United
   States and around the world; and

   - *Hillary Haden* of the *Trade Justice Education Fund* on how you can
   help amplify calls to end the ISDS threat for good.

Along with our work towards a Climate Peace Clause, efforts to dismantle
ISDS is one of the most highly-requested topics of conversation for the
Power Hour.  *Please join us by RSVPing here for the Zoom login details
<https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_QD1QAkwaSf-7WSHAXC1jZA#/registration>.
*

Hillary Haden (She/Her) | Organizing Director
Direct Line: 202.240.8702  | Email: Hillary at tradejusticeedfund.org
<x at tradejusticeedfund.org>
www.tradejusticeedfund.org

[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/TradeJusticeEd>