[CTC_TRADE] Poll | Americans Remain Worried About Job Loss

Citizens Trade Campaign ctc_pac at charter.net
Mon Mar 8 11:31:35 PST 2010

Question: What are the best ways to share our message with the public?

Number indicates votes received, with similar tactics grouped together.

If there is no number, then it’s one (1) vote.

Hosting creative public events as news pegs to generate stories in earned
media (10), including awards to MOCs, the anniversary of a failed agreement,
or recognizing a plant closing (12) while using a press release communiqué,
followed up with phone call (9).

Giving presentations to groups at universities, churches, unions (12),
including use of educational tabling with cell phones (4), visiting fair
trade commodity events to insert policy reform ideas there (6), soliciting
church outreach through religious leaders (2) and presenting to other
organizations at their own meetings and events (2).

Generating op-eds and letters to the editor (13) or writing our own stories
for newspapers, blogs and websites (3).

Along with our website and DIA (2), using Youtube, Facebook and Twitter (12)
to reach new people.  This includes targeted list building (5), and is in
addition to the need for regular repeated internal education, including
newsletters, emails and alerts (5).

Hold a Trade Happy Hour (8)

Create multi-lingual material (6)

Host a movie night, show fair trade films in the community (2)

Tape radio and television announcements (2)

Host a fair trade fair