[CTC] FW: Save the date: International Days of Action 10-17 October

Dolan Mike MDolan at teamster.org
Mon Aug 10 07:46:04 PDT 2015

This just came over the transom; and I am marking my calendar to participate in the GDA against the transnational investment elites and their unsustainable “free trade” agenda!

Mike D in DC

Dear all,

The Global Day of Action against secretive trade agreements on 18 April (http://www.globaltradeday.org/) was really successful with hundreds of events all over the globe. We discussed at a strategy meeting in Brussels last month that we'd like to repeat this success and call for a Week of Action on trade deals this October. We decided on 10 to 17 October for the following reasons: On 6 October the European Citizens' Initiative (ECI) against TTIP and CETA will complete it's year of signature collection. We'll have more than 2.5 million signatures (hopefully even more) by then and want to use the 10th of October (a Saturday) to celebrate this on the one hand and on the other hand reinforce our demands. Moreover, an EU Summit is taking place in the subsequent week and a large alliance of organisations is mobilising for protests and events in Brussels from 15-17 October. We were approached by groups in the US and Pacific region that would also like to organise activities since the fight against TPP is at a crucial point. That's why we call it the International Days of Action this time.

Attached you find our new key visual and the Call to Action we developed within the working group. We invite your comments and suggestions on the call by Wednesday, 7pm CET. We'll then publish the call together with further information on the new website (https://www.trade4people.org/), which should go live shortly. A map will also be available on the website, so you can start adding events. The idea is to have as many de-centralised events and protests as possible on and around 10 October. In a few countries, like Germany and The Netherlands large demonstrations in the capital cities are planned (the one in Berlin likely to count >100,000 protesters).

Please spread the word! There's not much time left and we hope to make this as big, colourful and successful as the Day of Action in spring! More information will follow shortly.

All the best,
Cornelia
--

Cornelia Reetz