[CTC] Fwd: Lone Star vs. Korea (Investor-State Dispute on Free Trade scheme) arbitration is starting today in Washington DC.

Adam Weissman adam at tradejustice.net
Sat May 16 16:15:51 PDT 2015

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Lone Star vs. Korea (Investor-State Dispute on Free Trade
scheme) arbitration is starting today in Washington DC.
Date: 	Fri, 15 May 2015 20:13:18 -0400
From: 	Juyeon JC Rhee <juyeon.jc at gmail.com>

Hi, family.

Remember back in 2012, Lone Star (who bought out and controlled Korea
Exchange Bank) filed a complaint against Korean government under
Korea-US Free Trade Agreement?

I heard from a Korean radio program that non-public ISD (Inventor-State
Dispute, where a foreign corporation can file a lawsuit against a state
for lost profit, if the regulations are prohibiting a corporation from
obtaining profit.) arbitration is starting today in D.C.

I found no English article reporting it. (But, saw many from 2012).

http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/535805.html

Just an FYI.

Best,
juyeon