[CTC] Fast Track call-in day on June 3rd

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Fri May 22 17:54:47 PDT 2015

Dear friends:

As I write this, the U.S. Senate is passing Fast Track legislation for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).  Ways & Means Chair Paul Ryan is pushing hard for a House vote right after the Memorial Day Recess in early June.  The good news is that he doesn’t have the votes to pass it.  Our job is to keep it that way.

I’m writing to ask your organization to participate in a coordinated national call-in day on Wednesday, June 3 <https://docs.google.com/a/citizenstrade.org/forms/d/1lu-Fa8YRP7DDU3og2-81u8jnHuc6vejyN9h4tk1sKf0/viewform>, during which we will flood the House with constituent phone calls urging their opposition to Fast Track.  Leading online groups, as well as labor, environmental, consumer, digital rights organizations, are already on board.  With your help, it will be a phenomenal success.

Please sign up to participate using this webform <https://docs.google.com/a/citizenstrade.org/forms/d/1lu-Fa8YRP7DDU3og2-81u8jnHuc6vejyN9h4tk1sKf0/viewform> and we’ll send you toolkit next week with template email blasts you can send to your supporters; social media memes; and call-in number and online calling options.  Even if you prefer to use your own calling tools and to draft your own alert, please still RSVP <https://docs.google.com/a/citizenstrade.org/forms/d/1lu-Fa8YRP7DDU3og2-81u8jnHuc6vejyN9h4tk1sKf0/viewform> so that we can track your participation.

If we’re successful getting through the first week of June without a vote, expect Fast Track proponents to try bringing it up again and again in the coming months.  We will need your continued support to stay them off until the August recess — but it is critical that Congress members are slammed with a tidal wave of Fast Track opposition when then return in June and that we defeat their current attempt to bring it to the House floor.

Please click here to participate in the June 3rd call-in day to defeat Fast Track. <https://docs.google.com/a/citizenstrade.org/forms/d/1lu-Fa8YRP7DDU3og2-81u8jnHuc6vejyN9h4tk1sKf0/viewform>

Many thanks,

Arthur Stamoulis, Executive Director
Citizens Trade Campaign