[CTC] Rep. Hinojosa, too

Arthur Stamoulis arthur at citizenstrade.org
Fri Nov 13 03:12:03 PST 2015

Rio Grande Guardian
riograndeguardian.com
Rio Grande Guardian News Updates
November 12, 2015
NEW in the Rio Grande Guardian this evening:
-- Border Politics
-- These News Headlines are brought to you by

Border Politics
BREAKING NEWS: HINOJOSA SET TO ANNOUNCE RETIREMENT ON FRIDAY
As expected, U.S. Rep. Rubén Hinojosa will announce he is retiring from
Congress at Nuevo Santander in McAllen at 10 a.m. on Friday, sources tell
the Rio Grande Guardian. Speculation had been mounting that the veteran
lawmaker would not seek re-election for an 11th term. It was always
expected that the Mercedes Democrat would announce his retirement during a
presidential election cycle rather than a non-presidential election cycle
in order to enhance the chances of a Democrat succeeding him as the member
for Congressional District 15. Turnout by Democratic voters is always
higher in a presidential year. "Now is the time. He does not want to do
another four years," said a source close to the Congressman.