[CTC] Rep. Farr announces plans to retire

McKinnon Matthew mmckinnon at iamaw.org
Thu Nov 12 20:13:21 PST 2015

This is really nice!! For the record, Sam Farr's legacy ALSO includes:

1. Betrayal of long time personal friends in the Labor movement just hours after promising a NO vote on NAFTA.  He turned his back and voted YES.

2. After asking for a repair in Labor relationships he repeatedly forced the Labor movement to argue with him on bad trade after bad trade deal.

3. On the Columbian Trade deal, he claimed intimate knowledge of change in that country based up relationships formed during his Peace Corps days. He even claimed he would intervene if the killings of Labor and Civil Rights leaders continued.  The threats and killings intensified.

4. As fast track came along he refused to return calls to many and at least my case one who many times took care to carefully discuss every aspect of trade policy with him. Fast track will haunt us for some time to come, well into the next administration and maybe the one after that.

He has the blood of Columbians on his hands, he has the immense suffering caused by NAFTA on his hands and untold yet to be seen damage to our families from this round of Fast Track.

Good riddance.

Matt McKinnon

Sent from my iPhone